About the Host
NYU ranks as one of the leading universities of the world and is recognized as a prominent innovator in Higher Education. While the University is anchored in New York City, its campuses have an expansive reach in Abu Dhabi, Shanghai and 11 study-away sites throughout the world. NYU therefore leads in global education and has been progressing across professions with its extraordinary network of alumni placed across the world.
NYU wished to create a mutually beneficial environment where the entire network of NYU could connect and interact with industry professionals as well as alumni working across different professions. In doing so, NYU hoped to overcome the following setbacks associated with traditional networking events:
- Bring together a geographically dispersed network of students and alumni on a single platform
- Find an alternative to the the high costs associated with allocating resources, creating marketing collateral, and managing vendors
- Make similar information available for multiple students at the same time, without making the process redundant
- Eliminate travel cost and time constraints for attendees, guests and key speakers
- Make content and resources available for accessing at a later time
- Reduce the carbon footprint and host an environmentally friendly event
vFairs constructed a strategy that complemented NYU’s mission to connect ambitious people in the world’s greatest cities, proving it to further excel as a top quality institution. The event had to be designed in a way to cater to global traffic and be equipped with interactive tools to make sure the purpose of networking was fulfilled for all the entities involved.
The Virtual Career Conference managed to attain the planned outcome using the following key features:
1. Agenda for the Event
NYU hosted a two-day online networking event that took place on the 17-18th of April 2018. Prior to the event, the audience was provided with the entire agenda for the two-day event. This was available for anyone accessing the landing page throughout the entire duration of the event. Visitors were able to get a clear picture of what to expect from this constantly available piece of information.
2. Globally Accessible
vFairs eliminated the geographical barriers of a physical event and provided NYU with the ability to let students, along with alumni and industry professionals, participate in the event regardless of their location, and irrespective of the device that they used. This was essential in order to tap and reach out to the entire NYU community situated all across the globe at once.
3. Chat in Real Time
The online networking event made interactions possible using the live chat tools. Students were able to access bios of professionals belonging to their industry and could book an appointment to have a 1:1 text/audio/video conversation with them. This benefited both the parties in the following ways:
- Students/Alumni were able to target relevant professionals and alumni to gain tips and strategies to enhance their career
- Attendees were able to interact with each other to share and discuss new career related tips, guidance, and resources throughout the event
- Students were able to make substantial conversations and boost their career opportunities due to the material available regarding the person they were connecting with
- Employers received requests from precise, interested candidates, minimizing irrelevant traffic
4. Live Webinars
The online event featured live webinars to educate students and allow them to make the most out of each topic of presentation. This prevented redundancy by providing scheduled sessions to multiple attendees at the stated time. In case an attendee missed an important session, they were able to save and review it later.
5. Environmentally friendly Resources
All reading material was made available under the “Resources” tab. This consisted of downloadable content for students to add to their digital briefcase. The carbon footprint and high cost of printing was eliminated making the event eco-friendly, and the material easier to save and share at a later time.
After a run of two days, the NYU Virtual Career Conference resulted in success. With total registrations exceeding 130 students, the results displayed a unique and satisfied experience for the guests and the students. vFairs tracked visitor traffic and activity throughout the event and prepared a detailed report for the host to assess their overall performance at the event.
For a University network as vast as NYU’s, an online networking event proved to benefit all participants by making it easier to connect and interact with each other from across the globe. Not only did this allow students to diversify their pool of opportunities, but also enabled them to learn and understand latest trends, helping them pave a better future for themselves. Similarly, it helped industry professionals to spot talent from opposite poles, without any time and logistical constraints.
At vFairs.com, we strive to build a top-class online event platform that will help event organizers make memorable connections with their target audience. We’re obsessed with taking out the hassle normally associated with physical events and leaving organizers and exhibitors to focus on what’s most important: engagement with the audience.
Get in touch with an expert to learn more about vFairs here.