We know you have a million and one questions about virtual conferences. Are virtual conferences still relevant in this day and age? If so, what is the best virtual conference platform?
In this article, we’ve answered some of your most frequently asked questions to help you learn why a virtual conference is a viable option and a popular choice of today’s events industry.
1. What is a Virtual Conference?
A virtual conference is an interactive event that takes place online bringing together a large group of people who share common niche interests or expertise – to network, learn and plan.
Virtual Conferences, like physical conferences, consist of keynote sessions, breakout sessions and much more, with the purpose to interact and engage with audiences online.
2. What can I do in a Virtual Conference?
- Share and gain information on industry insights
- Network with professionals and peers in real-time
- Discuss issues and ideas that focus on a topic of mutual concern
3. Do I need to download or install any software to be able to attend this event?
No. You do not need to download or install any software to participate in a virtual conference. You only need to have access to the Internet.
4. Is a webcam required?
It is not a requirement in order to participate. However, some people at the event might request you for a video chat, in which case, you might want to have a functional webcam and mic.
5. How do I log in on the day of the event?
Your login information is the email address and password you provided during registration. To login, simply use those details.
6. Where will the event be held?
This is an online event. You do not have to travel to any specific location in order to become a part of the event. You can participate from anywhere you have Internet access. The event is accessible from desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
7. Will I be able to take away information or brochures from the event?
Yes. Like any physical event, vFairs offers a swag bag for you! You can add documents provided by each exhibitor to your online swag bag and then email them to yourself or share items with friends and family by simply entering their email.
8. How can I ask questions at a Virtual Conference?
There are a number of ways you can interact with each other. These being:
- 1:1 text, audio, video chat
- Group chat
- Live Q&A during or after webinars
9. Can I invite my friends to attend the event?
Absolutely. Your event is counting on you for spreading the word. You can simply share the link to the event page to allow them to register and enter the event at their convenience.
10. How do I set up a Virtual Conference?
As long as you know what the objective of your conference is, all you have to do is choose the right virtual events platform, and get started.
Don’t forget to read about the 15 Proven Virtual Conference Best Practices & Tips.
Couldn’t find what you’re looking for?
If you still have a question that wasn’t answered above, click here to get in touch with a representative.
Want to know more about Virtual Conferences?
Browse Other Helpful vFairs Resources