The Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including our Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in an Event. An “Event” is an online gathering that includes registration before the event begins, activities between the event’s start and end time, and after the event’s end time. We also may obtain information about you from business partners and other third parties and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Personal Information, which is information that identifies you, such as your name, password, email address, address, phone number(s), and photographic image.
- Demographic Information, such as zip code, country, years of work experience, skills, industry, certifications, degrees, etc. We do this to help you connect with other event participants like exhibitors.
- Preference Information, such as preferred time zone or whether to show a dialog on your next visit. We do this to personalize your experience on the Sites.
- Anonymous information, such as pages visited, and time on the Sites. We do this in order to understand how the Sites are being used and what the engagement is like.
We collect information stored in your social media profile that you authorize us to access when you use your social media profile to execute features on the Sites, such as the ability to log into the Sites using your social media profile credentials.
In addition, when you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Create, manage and maintain your account on the Sites.
- Provide you with services that you request.
- Manage your participation in events hosted on the Sites, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Maintain a record of the events in which you participate, including chat and webinar history and download activity.
- Enable you to interact with other event participants.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
- Notify you from time to time about relevant products and services operated by vFairs
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access to the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, share or otherwise disclose or use any and all Aggregated Information, however, unless otherwise disclosed in this policy, we will not sell or otherwise transfer or disclose your Personal Information to a third party without your consent.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
The Information We Share
When you create an account on the Sites, vFairs will collect and retain information about you, some of which is Personal Information. You may be required to provide additional personal or demographic information when registering for an Event hosted on the Sites including, but not limited to, photo, resume, work experience, educational qualification, location, skills, industry.
The information you provide is collected by vFairs, and is shared with the company(ies) participating in the Event. This includes personal information such as name, email address, resume and other questions you answer during the registration process. This also includes the conversation (chat) history from conversations with any other participant and/or organization. If providing information for an Event, this information may become subject to the policies of the respective Company(ies) after it has been shared, as vFairs is not responsible for these policies. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but enables you to better identify yourself.
We may share your Personal Information with third party contractors or service providers to provide you with the services that we offer you through our Sites; to provide technical support, or to provide specific services in accordance with your instructions. These third parties are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by vFairs.
We may also disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of vFairs or other users of the Sites.
You should be aware that any Personal Information you submit on the Sites may be read, collected, or used by other users of vFairs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. In addition, any personal information you submit in an Event can be read, collected, or used by participating companies, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit to the Sites.
How We Protect Personal Information
vFairs maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your vFairs Sites username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also log off from and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Sites. Please note that we will never ask for your vFairs account password via email.
How To Update Your Personal Information
You may access, update and amend Personal Information included in your online account at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes.
You may choose to deactivate your account at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. When we deactivate your account, you will be logged out of vFairs and you will no longer be able to log into vFairs to view the events you attended or the chats you had with other participants. Furthermore, we will only delete registrations you have started or completed for upcoming events. We will not delete information you provided when registering for or participating in a concluded event as this information has already been shared with other participants that you engaged in a chat or message board conversation.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Service Providers
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1-pixel x 1-pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Website or sending the e-mail.
Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please be aware, that our Sites cannot be used without cookies enabled. Our Sites also do not respond to web browser “do not track” requests.
vFairs.com (but not all Sites) also uses 3rd party vendor remarketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
The companies that provide third-party tools and services such as commenting operate under their own privacy policies and vFairs encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. vFairs does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third-party tool providers.
There are many resources on the Internet that can provide you guidance regarding deleting or disabling cookies.
Links to Other Sites
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about users who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Sites.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
vFairs will comply with all applicable data protection and privacy laws & regulations in the performance of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”, from the GDPR implementation date) or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Laws”).
How to Contact Us