The Client’s Challenge
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology is one of the most recognizable names in the region, with an on-going collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Having previously relied on traditional avenues involving use of physical open days to attract potential students and promote programmes, they felt a strong need for change in strategy to conquer more in terms of enrollment, awareness, and branding.
- Physical open days provided a very narrow window of time within which students could experience interactions with university staff, explore campus life, and assess academic programmes.
- This led to the surfacing of more critical problems: Fewer leads, limited communication with university staff, and overall decreased understanding of the facilities the university had to offer were adversely impacting the institute’s enrollment rates.
How did vFairs Help?
With focus on expanding lead generation and overcoming the restrictions associated with physical open day events, vFairs provided Masdar Institute of Science and Technology with a powerful virtual “futureproof” platform that promoted increased enrollment, a more welcoming experience for interested students/parents, and resilience to break free from limited schedules that may not always have been in sync with keen students wanting to explore the prospects of pursuing higher education at this university.
vFairs built a precise technology solution to help achieve higher return on investment with less costs incurred, build better relationships with future prospects, and secure an edge against competitors through visibly improved success metrics in place.
With no physical presence required from event visitors or admissions staff, the open day solution implemented by vFairs allowed interested students to participate regardless of where they were based geographically or time zone differences (without having to worry about losing their spot due to capacity limitations).
No travel costs or scheduling related burdens boosted lead generation for the institute- the virtual platform allowed the university to now host a virtual open day around the year with valuable delivery of information related to applications, academic calendar, innovation initiatives, etc.
This maintained a consistent flow of visitors without the university confining open days to certain calendar days to experience growth in traffic and lead capturing.
Streamlined Lead Capturing:
Attracting a high volume of visitors was not enough, vFairs provided a customized registration form to help the client precisely capture information that mattered most. This made it very easy to achieve a mini database of prospects with follow-up contact details so that leads could be qualified and pursued further based on their relevancy.
The vFairs team drove marketing success for Masdar Institute of Science and Technology through strategic email shots. Furthermore, we used a mailing list of prospective students to be targeted from across high schools and GCC in general in order to accelerate interest, and fully utilize the increased open day capacity that was now available to educate, engage and interact with the key audience.
With a prospect base of approximately 500 leads generated within 3 months of this virtual event going live, it was obvious that the market efforts had caught the eye of the right audience with tremendous efficiency.
The virtual open day provided consistent communication channels to communicate with the university admission staff; the clearly marked “Contact Us” call to action option takes the user to a form where they can submit their question in order to be contacted by relevant personnel to help find the right answers.
There is never a disconnect with your audience which makes running a yearlong virtual open day event a very viable option to pursue.
The information shared in an institute’s s physical event setting has limited influence; curriculums are ever-changing, academic calendars being updated, and new scholarships/grants being frequently announced. vFairs enabled the client to share the most updated insights with their target audience so there was an incentive and proactive interest captured for the students to regularly visit the platform for news.
Virtual Open Day Results?
vFairs was able to provide Masdar Institute of Science and Technology with an innovative technology solution to achieve a virtual open day platform that delivered great results across all performance pillars- leads, cost, efficiency, marketing, branding and seamless flow of communication to ensure all interested visitors got the answers they were seeking from the university.
- Powered with branding that remained true to the institute’s identity, the vFairs team delivered a successful open day event that will remain in session throughout the year with no time, space, or geographical limitations to encourage widespread student interest and participation.
- With an estimated 500 leads secured in the first three months, this statistics itself are proof of a transformation partnership that vFairs has established with our client to simplify high quality traffic generation, meanwhile securing a competitive edge against other institutions by hosting an open day that never closes doors for its guests.
- Reduced cost-per-lead means higher ROI and budget utilization; virtual events are dynamic, customizable and pocket-friendly to accommodate every institute’s needs regardless of their financial resources so that everyone has access to technology to break away from frustrating physical event based efforts.
- The interactive platform is rich with information and media to provide details of the institute’s culture and campus life, alongside providing easy access to engage in dialogue with the admissions team from the comfort of one’s home.